Despite the exciting energy and hustle & bustle of Uptown Charlotte, not everyone desires to live in the heart of it all. Some prefer the slower pace of the suburbs, the tight-knit feel of a smaller community, or more space to roam. While Charlotte does have the thrill of an active city center, she is also home to upwards of 30 suburbs.
Recently, ratings giant Movoto researched these 30 suburbs and came up with the top 11. Here are the top 5!
5. Harrisburg, NC. Residents of Harrisburg enjoy an average commute time of 24 minutes and popular community events such as the 4th of July parade and Rockin’ the Burg Spring Concert.
4. Tega Cay, SC. Because Tega Cay is also a lake community, this little town has a wide variety of home options from lakefront property to expansive estates with rocking chair porches.
3. Cornelius, NC. Like Tega Cay, Cornelius is also a lake town. Situated alongside Lake Norman, those who live in Cornelius enjoy water sports like boating and swimming or hiking and biking at 104-acre Jetton Park.
2. Fort Mill, SC. Routinely listed as one of the fastest growing suburbs, Fort Mill boasts modern new-build communities and a thriving historic district with historic homes. The hugely popular Strawberry Festival is an annual tradition.
1. Davidson, NC. Davidson contains the best of everything… a quaint downtown, the unique energy of a college town, close proximity to Uptown, and easy access to all the water-fun of Lake Norman. Davidson College ties this little community together and helps hoist Davidson to the top of the list.
Looking for your perfect forever home in one of these amazing suburbs? Contact us today!